Tuesday, March 3, 2015

LITTLE MIRACLES



"It's going to be about another half hour, my Grandma isn't ready yet," comes a voice from the kitchen as I enter the house.

Great

Perfect

Now I will be running a whole hour late for my appointments on this grey, blah day.  My dark mood fits in perfectly with the weather outside.

Grumbling to myself, I open my computer and prepare to sit and a wait.



"Whatcha doing?"  A little body approaches.  "What is that?"

"It's my computer"

"I lost my tooth.  Do you want to see?"

Hmmm  I guess so

"Look!"

"Yeah, yeah I see.  That's nice"

Finally I look up.  Long blond hair, round cheeks, clear blue eyes, about 5 years old--she is staring at me.  I catch my breath---  she is stunning!!  As she sits down next to me and starts to talk about anything and everything,  I feel my mood start to lift.  Laying her head on my shoulder, I am surprised by how touched I feel at her simple act of sweetness.  "Can I watch you?" 

Innocence

Purity

Beauty

it surrounds her ... incredible, radiant, almost overwhelming in its brightness




Love

Goodness

Transparency

I almost have to move away from her,  the light is so intense. And, like all children I have ever met,  she seems completely unaware of it-- how she fills up the room. 




"Paige, honey come over here and leave that nurse alone,"  that southern drawl again from somewhere down the hall.

"Oh, she's ok"    Stay.      Let her stay.     Let me absorb some of her happiness, joy, wonder.


They say that the best part about being close to a child is that we see the world through their eyes-- a place of perfection, hope, fearless exploration, endless beginnings. 



It reminds me of something I heard one time--- something a very wise man once said: 


         *THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO LIVE YOUR LIFE.  ONE IS AS THOUGH NOTHING IS A MIRACLE.  THE OTHER IS AS THOUGH EVERYTHING IS A MIRACLE
 
 
CHILDREN SEE EVERYTHING AS A MIRACLE
 
COULD IT BE THEY ARE THE WISEST OF ALL?
 
 
 
 
 
 
*Albert Einstein(1879-1955)





4 comments:

  1. I felt like I was inside that house while you were telling the story - how beautiful and true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look deep into nature,and then you will understand everything better.
    Albert Einstein
    T

    ReplyDelete