Thursday, September 3, 2015

WALKING ON WATER



        
        It starts out at first as a faint faraway rumble that is barely noticeable.  My boat sways gently in the breeze on the still blue waters.

        Suddenly, without warning, the sky darkens and black clouds begin to swirl overhead.

        Soon, I am caught in the eye of the storm as a violent squall sends my small vessel crashing against turbulent waves.



        Before long, 


                                   I am lost at sea

*



   I look for the horizon--it is nowhere to be found  



                              The dark water
 is 
the 
only 
thing 
in 
sight


I am drowning


        When,
               Slowly, I began to hear it... the faint whisper

                                  Keep your eyes

 fixed 

Fixed

FIXED


        I fight to look up, 
                       
                       
                         my eyes strain to focus




                 The dark waters began to 

recede

clear

still

obey




Taking a step out of the boat, 


the 

chaos

confusion

turbulence

all become

a distant memory

as

I


regain my footing


find my anchor

**


I WALK ON THE WATER



*For we fix our eyes not on what is seen, 
but what is unseen,
since what is seen is temporary,
but what is unseen is eternal




for T and everyone going through stormy waters




                                             (click on the link below)
                   PRAISE YOU IN THE STORM CASTING CROWNS

*2 Corinthians 4:18





*nature.desktopnexus.com
**wallpapervortex.com




                                    



        







6 comments: