Thursday, September 10, 2015

THE HUG



       It has been a while since I've seen him...




       Oh we keep in touch over the phone, I try to

keep him on track

make sure he is ok

offer him a voice to hold on to


        He looks so pale...smaller than I remember
            
          younger than his 22 years...more fragile 

 a little boy about 10 years old

soft brown curly hair

spindly legs like that of a vulnerable unsure colt


                 except for the

tattoos covering his entire body

tender but enduring soft brown eyes

scars on his arms that speak of long ago escapes



        I hand him the card

            "Ok, now,  you can only use this for food, no cigarettes or alcohol"

            As I say it in a half joking way, our eyes meet in a smile

        
            Suddenly he pulls me into a bear hug
               

a real hug

where our selves cling together for dear life




Immediately I feel a rush of 

incredible  

joy 

sadness

hope

love

all at the same time





 unexpected

but

perfect



from


someone I barely know?




But

 I do know him

I know Him well



and He knows me




So we meet them--everyday...
the dying, the cripple, the hurting, 
the unwanted, the unloved
...they are only
Him in disguise

              Mother Teresa







CLINK ON THE LINK BELOW



*photo courtesy of google images-- author unknown



                            






                     



2 comments: