Thursday, July 23, 2015

THIRST



     ringing phones...

     piles of papers...

     to do list...
 my mouth feels dry



     Iphone...

     Ipad...

     keyboards...

 I feel thirsty



     cars honking...

     streets closed...

     sirens...

 I am parched



     headlines...

     tweets...

     postings...

I wander aimlessly in the desert





                      I force myself to...
STOP

Look for it

 just to my right

I can see it 





THE STREAM OF 

REFRESHING

 COOL

SPARKLING 

WATER

google images


I DRINK, AND DRINK MORE

FROM THE CUP OF LIVING WATER





drenched...

filled...

washed... 

clean...



I turn to face the day

can go out to the world 


the water glistens within me




* ...for you I long!
For you my body yearns;
for you my soul thirsts,
Like a land parched, lifeless,
and without water

...You visit the earth and water it,
make it abundantly fertile
you drench plowed furrows
With showers you keep the ground soft,
your paths drip with fruitful rain



*Psalm 63:2, 65:10-12

















2 comments:

  1. Love love the psalms. Thought I would read 63 and 65 in their entirety. I got out my RSV. Psalm 63-2 "So I have looked upon thee in the sanctuary, beholding thy power and glory." Wwhhaatt? I got out my NAB, ST Joe edition. "Oh God , you are my God whom I seek; for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water." Well that's a lot closer. I got out a Revised NAB. "O God, you are my God--for you I long! For you my body yearns; for you my soul searches, like a land parched, lifeless, and without water. Now we're getting there! Psalm 65; 10-12 were all very similar. Thank you for getting me to do some bible study.
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I usually read the New American Bible but lately I have had a children's edition from when the kids were in school. It has some really good explanations of the text in simple ways.;). Thanks for sharing!

      Delete