Monday, January 26, 2015

I'LL TELL YOU HOW THE SUN ROSE



I see you across the room but you don't notice me, not yet.

We've only met twice before and yet I feel this strong connection.

Finally I get to hold you in my arms.  We have a nice talk, you and I. 

Well, I do most of the talking.  You listen patiently, all the while our eyes locked together.  We discuss those important things like what we will see, do,  where we will go in the future.

I love it when you laugh out loud at my silliness and wait expectantly for more.

I hope you realize my arms will always be there to hold you when you fall,  and provide a shelter against life's storms.


We have a bright future together, you and I-- you see, because we will always be part of each other.




        *I'LL TELL YOU HOW THE SUN ROSE, A RIBBON AT A TIME








For all  of my grandchildren, Jackson, Finn, Evelyn and Andrew*


*Emily Dickinson


2 comments: