Wednesday, February 11, 2015

THE WHALE THING




So yeah, The Whale Thing.

Well, it happens to a lot of us, doesn't it?  Going about our life, busy with jobs, family, everyday things.  And then it suddenly hits---it could be a cancer diagnosis, the death of a loved one, a child's serious illness, infidelity, divorce--- and it turns our world upside down.

I knew her a long time ago--
your average person, minding her own business,  doing the best she could.  But when it happened, it took her breath away, left her life in chaos.

Kind of like the story of Jonah, she found herself stuck inside the whale:

                                                                        
                                                                             



    * Jonah was swallowed up by a great fish and was alive in the fish for 3 days and 3 nights. And Jonah said
"The waters compassed me about, even to the soul, the depth closed me round about, the weeds wrapped about my head"


Confined

 
Lost
 
 
Frightened
 
 
No way out
 
 
Like Jonah, she wondered  how she got there.  Down, down, down she went into the deepest part of the ocean, within the belly of the whale.
 
"Let me out!!"      "LET ME OUT!!!!!",   she cried and screamed over and over as she struggled and fought.  It seemed noone could hear her.
 
Confused
 
 
Alone
 
 
Deserted
 
 
But Someone was listening.  And in the stillness she was forced to stop and think.  Slowly, she began to hear a voice calling her name.  At first the voice was faint but the more she paid attention the louder and clearer it grew....
 
"I know the Way"
 
"I know the Way out"
 
"I can pull you out if you let me"
 
"Take my hand.  I will lead you to safety out of this place"
 
"Trust me"
 
"Trust me"

 
She really didn't have a choice.  With the last bit of her strength gone, she reached for his hand.  The grip felt strong but gentle.  He pulled her out and wrapped her in his arms. 
 
"I will never leave you or abandon you.  You will always be safe with me"
 
She relaxed in his arms, laid her head on his shoulder, and fell asleep.
 

Afterwards just like with Jonah, people said she was different, she had changed, there was something about her.....

Fearless, full of hope, cherished, she felt a freedom she had never known...


**"For see, the winter is past, the rains are over and gone. 
The flowers appear on the earth,
The time of pruning the vines has come,
And the song of the dove is heard in our land.
Arise, my beloved, my beautiful one, and come"


and I can tell you ----
  
LIFE OUTSIDE THE WHALE IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO LIVE

(click on the link below)
*The book of Jonah 2:5
**Song of Songs 2:11-12



      


No comments:

Post a Comment